We’ve created this policy which covers how we…
… your data
How eLearn Here Protects Your Privacy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and we strictly adhere to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on the 25th May 2018.
How does eLearn Here collect data about me?
You provide some data yourself
For instance, when registering for an eLearn Here account in order to access courses:
• You have to provide your name
• You have to provide an email address
• You have to choose a username
• You will have to give your consent for us to store the details you provide before accessing our courses
How will eLearn Here use the information it collects about me?
eLearn Here will use your personal information for the following purposes:
• to provide our services and online courses, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
• to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
When will eLearn Here contact me?
eLearn Here may contact you:
• in relation to any online course you have signed up for, in order to ensure that the we can deliver the course, e.g. to send you information assisting you in using our services or to help you reset your password.
• to remind you that your course certificate is due to expire
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services;
• to invite you to participate in surveys about the eLearn Here services (participation is always voluntary);
• to update you on any material changes to eLearn Here’s policies and practices; and
• for marketing purposes, as set out in the “Marketing” section below.
Who will have access to our information
Your personal information will be used by us, including our: employees and licensees, to provide you with the online courses you have registered for and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the courses.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
eLearn Here will only send you marketing emails or contact you if you have agreed to this upon registering with us.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us and your use of the eLearn Here platform.
You can withdraw your consent and unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of our email communications or contacting us via email@example.com
We will not share, lease or sell your information to third parties.
How long will eLearn Here keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with eLearn Here.
If you want to delete your account then your personal information is deleted immediately and permanently. If you wish to do this you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if your account is deleted, all data relating to courses you have undertaken will be lost. We advise you to print off any certificates for courses you have completed before we delete your account.
How you register for an eLearn Here account
You can browse our website without registering with eLearn Here, however, you will not be able to access any of our courses without creating an account with us.
Any payment details and billing and/or shipping address is only required if you buy directly from our site.
Once you have registered an account with eLearn Here you will have to log in using your username and password to access your online course. If you forget either your username or password, please reset your password or get in touch with us via email@example.com
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Can I find out what personal information eLearn Here holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information eLearn Here holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. If you wish to contact us regarding this please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact eLearn Here
We always want to hear from our students, especially if you feel like we could do better.
• Have any questions or feedback about this notice
• Would like us to stop using your information
• Want to exercise any of your rights as set out above, or have a complaint
please don’t hesitate to contact our team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
You can email us at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some extra bits
Within the eLearn Here courses we have links and content from other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these websites.